New Inventory - James MacNaughton & Sons, made in 1905
12 Gauge, A & D Ejector, side-by-side shotgun
We are pleased to offer this vintage boxlock ejector by James MacNaughton & Sons, that was delivered in 1905, just after the name of the firm changed to '& Sons'.
The scallop-frame action has scroll engraving with the 'MacNaughton & Sons' banner on each side of the action and is fitted with a dark well-figured stock. The gun benefits from having sleeved barrels giving the gun a new lease of life, which have been re-blacked and the stock has been cleaned and polished and the checkering cleaned out. The barrels are in excellent condition inside and out, measure as they day they were re-proved, and the lock-up to the action is firm and tight.
The gun was delivered to a member of the Greenleas family, a distilling family in Campbeltown, who ran the Longrow Distillery.
- Price: £1850
- Action: Anson & Deeley, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, Anson push-rod fore-end
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Material: Steel Sleeved
- Barrel Length : 28in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in
- Proof: Birmingham Nitro Proof in 1976 at .729
- Bores: .729 (R) & .729 (L)
- Walls: .033 (R) & .033 (L)
- Chokes : IMP CYL (R) & FULL (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Deeley box type
- Stock dimensions: 14 1/2in to centre
- Cast Off: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 10oz
- Location: Dunkeld