SOLD - John Dickson & Son Round-Action, made in 1991
12 Gauge, patent triggerplate action, side-by-side shotgun
This Round-Action is of recent manufacture, having been delivered as a single gun in 1991.
The action has the traditional bouquet and scroll engraving and the 'Dickson's Patent' inlaid in gold on the underside of the action which was engraved by Jean Oudweg. The barrel measurements are as the day the gun was proved and the bores are perfect - remaining bright and unmarked. The gun is fitted with a very well figured, straight-hand stock and comes in a lightweight leather case. Overall the gun is in superb condition showing very little use in 30 years, retaining much of its original stock finish with virtually no wear to the chequering.
We have looked after this gun for the last ten years and can confirm it is still to the specification it was ordered to. The good bore measurements, wall thickness and modern proof means this gun is perfectly suitable for standard 2 3/4in steel cartridges.
- Action: Dickson Patent Triggerplate with assisted-opener, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, hidden third fastener and Anson push-rod fore-end.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 27 1/2in
- Chambers: 2 3/4in
- Proof: London Nitro Proof at 18.5mm in 1990
- Bores: 18.5mm (R) & 18.5mm (L)
- Walls: .038 (R) & .038 (L)
- Chokes : 1/4 (R) & 1/2 (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Dickson Patent Ejector System
- Stock dimensions: Drop at comb 1 3/8in, Drop at heel 2 3/8in, 15 1/16in at heel, 15in to centre, 15 1/2in at toe
- Cast Off: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 6oz
- Location: Dunkeld
To enquire about this gun, please click here