New Inventory - John Dickson & Son Round-Action, made in 1905
12 Gauge, patent triggerplate action, side-by-side shotgun
This classic Round-Action was delivered as a best single gun in September 1905. Marked with Patent Use Number 1192, its the 1192nd patent-gun made in the Round-Action’s 141 year history.
The gun has the period style large acanthus scroll with the John Dickson & Son Patent banner on the sides of the action and the engraving is very crisp with some remaining colour hardening. The gun is fitted with a well figured stock which conforms to its original specification. What sets this gun apart is that it was delivered with 30 inch barrels, when the usual length was 29 inches. Unfortunately the original damascus barrels were damaged beyond repair in 2012 but the gun now benefits from new chopper-lump 2 3/4in chambered steel barrels made and fitted by John Dickson & Son in 2013, and still measure as the day they were made.
Overall, the gun is in superb condition and fitted in its original oak and leather case with accessories. The leather case has been perfectly preserved by a well-worn canvas outer cover and emblazoned on that is the name of the original military owner and the names of the next two generations of the same family of military men that cared for the gun.
The gun is currently going through a sympathetic restoration in order to prepare it for sale.
- Price: £18,500
- Action: Dickson Patent Triggerplate with assisted-opener, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, hidden third fastener and Anson push-rod fore-end.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 30in
- Chambers: 2 3/4in
- Proof: London Nitro Proof at 18.5mm in 2013
- Bores: 18.5 (R) & 18.5 (L)
- Walls: .034 (R) & .034 (L)
- Chokes : IMP CYL (R) & 1/2 (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Dickson Patent Ejector System
- Stock dimensions: Drop at comb 1 5/8in, Drop at heel 2 1/8in, 14 5/8in to centre
- Cast Off: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 12oz
- Location: Dunkeld
To enquire about this gun, please click here