New Inventory - John Dickson & Son Round-Action, made in 1894
12 Gauge, patent triggerplate action, side-by-side shotgun
This classic Round-Action was delivered as No. 2 of a matched pair in October 1894. Marked with Patent Use Number 482, its the 482nd patent-gun made in the Round-Action’s 142 year history.
The gun has the period style tight Sumner scroll with the John Dickson & Son Patent banner on the sides of the action, the engraving is very crisp with traces of colour hardening.
The gun is fitted with a well figured long pistol-grip replacement stock which is setup for the left shoulder. The gun has the unusual barrel measurement of 28 1/2 inches, but this 1/2 inch variation is exactly what the customer ordered,
Overall, the gun is in excellent condition inside and out and is a great example of an early action gun with the shallow rimmed detonators and beautiful damascus barrels.
The gun is currently going through a sympathetic restoration in order to prepare it for sale.
- Price: £12,500
- Action: Dickson Patent Triggerplate with assisted-opener, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, hidden third fastener and Anson push-rod fore-end.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 28 1/2in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in
- Proof: London Nitro Proof at .729
- Bores: .732 (R) & .732 (L)
- Walls: .025 (R) & .028 (L)
- Chokes : 1/4 (R) & 1/2 (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Dickson Patent Ejector System
- Stock dimensions: Drop at comb 1 1/2in, Drop at heel 2in, 15 3/8in to centre
- Cast ON: 7/16in
- Weight: 6lb 4oz
- Location: Dunkeld
To enquire about this gun, please click here