New Inventory - John Dickson & Son Round-Action, made in 1928
12 Gauge, patent triggerplate action, side-by-side shotgun
Delivered as a No. 2 gun of a pair of best Round-Actions in August 1928, and marked with Patent Use Number 1671, its the 1671st patent gun made in the Round-Action’s 143 year history. The gun is scroll engraved, which is still quite crisp, and has slight traces of hardening colour. The gun still wears its original 29in steel barrels, which are clean inside measure very well and have their original chokings. The gun is fitted with a long plain figured stock including a 1 1/2in extension, which has been securely pinned at the head.
The gun was originally delivered to the Sir Hope-Dunbar, as a coming-of-age 21st birthday present from his parents.
- Price: £7250
- Action: Dickson Patent Triggerplate with assisted-opener, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, hidden third fastener and Anson push-rod fore-end.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 29in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in
- Proof: London Nitro Proof at .729
- Bores: .733 (R) & .732 (L)
- Walls: .025 (R) & .025 (L)
- Chokes : IMP CYL (R) & 3/4 (L)
- Rib: 1/4in
- Ejectors: Yes, Dickson Patent Ejector System
- Stock dimensions: 15 3/8in to centre
- Cast OFF: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 4 3/4oz
- Location: Dunkeld