SOLD - John Dickson & Son Round-Action, made in 1942
12 Gauge, patent triggerplate action, side-by-side shotgun
This classic Round-Action was delivered as a single gun in 1942. Marked with Patent Use Number 1858, its the 1858th patent-gun made in the Round-Action’s 141 year history.
The action has the traditional bouquet and scroll engraving from the period, which is very crisp, and the 'Dickson's Patent' inlaid in gold on the underside of the action. The barrels measurements are very good and the bores are perfect - remain bright and unmarked. The lock work is fitted with intercepting sears and 100% of the gold wash remains. The gun is fitted with a very well figured, straight-hand stock with finished with leather covered recoil pad. The gun comes in its original lightweight leather compact case. Overall the gun is in superb condition showing very little use in 80 years, retaining much of its hardening colour and original stock finish with virtually no wear to the chequering.
To prepare the gun for sale, we have given the gun a full service, strip and clean, re-blacked the barrels and gently polished the wood work. That's all it needed, due to the incredible original condition.
The good bore measurements and wall thickness mean that with a choke alteration, this gun is perfectly suitable for standard 2 1/2in steel cartridges.
- Action: Dickson Patent Triggerplate with assisted-opener, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, hidden third fastener and Anson push-rod fore-end.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 28 1/4in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in
- Proof: London Nitro-Reproof at 18.6 (.732) in 1992
- Bores: .733 (R) & .733 (L)
- Walls: .029 (R) & .032 (L)
- Chokes : 5/8 (R) & 7/8 (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Dickson Patent Ejector System
- Stock dimensions: Drop at comb 1 1/2in, Drop at heel 2 1/8in, 14 7/8in at heel, 14 3/4in to centre, 15 1/4in at toe
- Cast Off: 3/4in
- Weight: 6lb 10oz
- Location: Dunkeld
To enquire about this gun, please click here