SOLD - Daniel Fraser made in 1896
7 x 57 Bolt-Action Takedown rifle
We are very pleased to offer this vintage takedown bolt-action rifle by Daniel Fraser which has just had a complete restoration, including re-barrelling the rifle to a more practical 7 x 57mm from Velox .303. The rifle dates from around 1896, living its whole life in Scotland before we were able to source the rifle and complete a sympathetic restoration. This included the cleaning and re-finishing of the woodwork, replacing a number of pins, replacing the Silvers pad as the original had perished and the massive job of profiling an over sized Krieger barrel blank to exactly match the contours of the old barrel to ensure the takedown system still worked flawlessly.
- Price: £6500
- Action: Vintage Mauser 1893, no thumb cut-out and Fraser bolt-handle. Takedown barrel with Deeley latched fore-end. Hour glass bottom metal. Fraser patent trigger.
- Calibre: 7 x 57mm
- Barrel Length : 25in
- Proof: Birmingham Nitro Proof 2021
- Open Sights: Standard leaf rear to 300 yards, standard bead fore-sight with flip-up moon fore-sight. Lyman type peep-sight on stock.
- Telescopic sights: N/A
- Scope Mounts: N/A
- Safety: Manual flag safety
- Stock dimensions: 13 1/2 to centre including a nibbed red Silvers Recoil of 1 1/8in
- Sling studs: Yes, Fraser type
- Cast Off: 1/16in
- Dry Weight: TBA
- Case: Makers original oak and leather case with oil bottle
- Location: Dunkeld