Charles Ingram of Glasgow, made in 1935
12 Gauge, A & D Ejector, side-by-side shotgun
We are pleased to offer a nice Scottish boxlock gun by Charles Ingram of Glasgow. It is a maker that we do not often see, prompting us to think that not many were made, certainly in the later years of the business.
The barrels measure very well, bores are unmarked and bright with some slight marks on the exterior muzzle of the left barrel. The gun benefits from 2 3/4in chambers and the mandatory UK re-proof in 2023. All engraving and pins are crisp and the action has some remaining hardening colour. The gun is fitted with a well figured stock with fine chequering.
To prepare the gun for sale it has had a comprehensive restoration - full service strip and clean, the barrels have had the ribs re-laid and reblacked, a full re-joint, the furniture reblacked, and the stock and fore-end have been refinished and chequering re-cut.
With a choke alteration, this gun will be perfectly fine to use with standard steel cartridges.
- Price: POA
- Action: Anson & Deeley, top lever with Purdey bolt, rocker safe.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length: 28in
- Chambers: 2 3/4in (70mm)
- Rib: 1/4in
- Proof: Birmingham Nitro Re-Proof 18.6mm & 18.4mm
- Bores: 18.6mm (R) & 18.4 (L)
- Walls: .025 (R) & .029 (L)
- Chokes : 1/4 (R) & 3/4 (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Southgate
- Stock dimensions: Drop at comb 1 15/8in, Drop at heel 2 3/16in, 14 5/16in to heel, 14 3/8in to centre, 14 7/8in to toe
- Cast Off: 1/2in
- Weight: 6lb 10oz
- Location: Dunkeld