Alexander Henry, made in 1906
12 Gauge, A & D Ejector, side-by-side shotgun
We do not see many guns by Henry, as his production was focused on rifles, so we are very pleased to be able to offer this vintage boxlock ejector by Alexander Henry.
The action has crisp partial scroll engraving and overall the gun is in superb condition for its age. Fitted with a nice, long well-figured stock, finished with a chequered end, and comes in its original leather case. Records show the gun was made for a Major in the Royal Artillery.
The gun benefits from having just had a full service, strip and clean and the wood has been gently cleaned and re-polished, the chequering cleaned out, and the furniture re-blacked. The barrels are in fine condition inside and out the lock-up to the action is firm and tight.
With a choke alteration this gun will be perfectly suitable for standard steel 2 1/2in cartridges.
- Price: £2650
- Action: Anson & Deeley, third-bite, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, rocker safety and Anson push-rod fore-end.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 30in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in
- Proof: London Nitro Re-proof at .719 (R) & .729(L) in 1982
- Bores: .720 (R) & .732 (L)
- Walls: .033 (R) & .034 (L)
- Chokes : 1/4 (R) & 1/2 (L)
- Rib: 7/16in taper to 1/4in
- Ejectors: Yes, Baker type
- Stock dimensions: Drop at comb 1 3/4in, Drop at heel 2 7/16in, 15 5/16in at heel, 15 1/8in to centre, 15 3/8in at toe
- Cast Off: 1/2in
- Weight: 6lb 14oz
- Location: Dunkeld